These terms and conditions apply to the Get Set to Eat Fresh Taste Kitchen Challenge Recipe Competition. The joint promoters are Aldi Stores limited, Aldi Stores, Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 2SQ and the British Olympic Association, 101 Cavendish St, London, W1W 6XH (the "Promoters").
1. The competition is open to primary and secondary students aged 5–14 who are resident in Great Britain and in school years 1-9 (England and Wales) and P1-7 and S1-2 (Scotland) on 4 January 2021. The competition is not open to students resident in Northern Ireland.
2. Students who are related to employees of the Promoters may enter the competition, but no reference must be made to this in the entry.
3. Entry to the competition is free.
4. Entries must be submitted by a teacher, parent or carer registered to the Get Set to Eat Fresh programme on behalf of a student or students from their school aged between 5–14 years. Entries should be submitted via email to email@example.com. A signed Cover Sheet for Entries must be completed by the teacher, parent or carer and included with the student Recipe Template or similar format and an image of the entrant with their finished dish.
5. Entries must comply with the Judging Criteria provided in the campaign materials and must include a minimum of two fruits or vegetables.
6. The competition opens on 4 January 2021 and ends at 1700 on 12 February 2021. Entries must be received via email prior to the close of the competition. No entries will be accepted after 1700 on this date.
7. There is no limit on the number of entries a teacher, parent or carer submits, but only one entry can be submitted per student.
8. Students must create individual entries for the competition. Team entries will not be accepted.
9. As a preference, entries should be created by students using the Recipe Template available on the Get Set to Eat Fresh website. The Recipe Template can be submitted in a number of formats including PDF, scanned image file or hard copy. Students can submit in a different format if the Recipe Template is not available for their use, but should ensure their entry provides all the necessary information outlined on the Template including: Recipe Title; Description; Key Information; Ingredients; Method; How the recipe is inspired by Team GB; An image of the dish; First Name; Surname; Age; Year Group; School Name and School Postcode. Incomplete entries will not be processed.
10. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged.
11. Any entries submitted will not be returned.
12. Feedback on entries will not be provided.
13. All teachers, parents or carers entering students for the competition must:
14. Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not in accordance with entry instructions, will not be accepted.
15. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
16. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf will be disqualified.
17. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by a computer will be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
19. The Promoters do not accept responsibility for names, addresses or email addresses spelt incorrectly by entrants.
20. If you have problems submitting your entry please email firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Entries must not:
22. A judging panel will select one overall prize winner from age category – ages 5–7, ages 7–11 and ages 11–14. An Aldi Athlete Ambassador will select one overall winner. The judges' decision is final.
23. Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received on the basis of the Judging Criteria set out in the competition materials (‘What are the judges looking for?’ slide). Feedback on entries will not be given.
24. The three winners of the Taste Kitchen Challenge will receive £50 in Aldi vouchers, a Team GB goody bag, a certificate, and their recipe will be featured on the Aldi and Get Set to Eat Fresh websites. The winners’ schools (or a community venue agreed by the winner and Promoters if the winner is home schooled/entered through a youth club/group) will receive £200 in Aldi vouchers and a bag of fresh produce. The overall winner of the competition will also receive a piece of exclusive signed Team GB Tokyo 2020 merchandise and have their recipe featured in an Aldi weekly leaflet (planned for release on 9 April 2021).
25. The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoters reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoters the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners. Prizes cannot be sold or auctioned or otherwise transferred to a third party.
26. The contact teacher of the winning students will be notified by email w/c 1 March 2021. Schools will be required to give permission on behalf of the winners' parent/carers for the winners' first name, school and home town to be used for publicity purposes. The adult contact must acknowledge the email and secure permission within one week. If acknowledgment is not received by this date, or permission is not given, new winners, and therefore new winning schools, will be selected.
27. Winners may be asked to tweak their dish to create a suitable recipe for filming and sharing.
28. The winners will be formally agreed by the 8 March 2021 and the names of the winners will be available on request from this date.
29. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part.
30. The winning students and schools will be required to participate in publicity arising from this competition.
31. Subject to external considerations at the time, entry into the Promotion might involve winners participating in further filming or photography to publicise their win. All printed and/or visual and/or audio-visual material created from such event and all intellectual property rights, including copyright, arising from such materials shall be the exclusive property of the Promoters. The Promoters shall be entitled to use such materials without limit in time, but always subject to national child protection regulations.
32. By entering the Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Promotion terms and conditions and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Processor (EdComs) on behalf of the Data Controllers (Team GB and Aldi), for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion. All entry instructions form part of the rules. The Get Set to Eat Fresh website is also integrated with Spirit, a database of teaching establishments with The Education Company, a subcontractor of EdComs.
33. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering this competition or accepting the prize. Nothing shall exclude the liability of the Promoters for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
34. Entries must include students’ names on the Recipe Template or similar submission in order to enter them in the competition. This data will be used solely to administer the competition and will be destroyed in October 2021, following the winners claiming their prize.
35. Teachers, parents or carers are required to provide their contact details in order to enter the competition on behalf of their students or children. Teachers, parents and carers will be able to unsubscribe from receiving further information from Get Set to Eat Fresh at any time.
36. The Promoters may in their absolute discretion modify, amend, cancel or suspend these terms and conditions at any time if they deem necessary or if circumstances arise beyond their control.
37. The Promoters reserve the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify from this competition any entrant who they believe has not complied with these terms and conditions or acted in good faith.
38. All promotion entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoters or arising out of the entrant's involvement in the promotion will become the property of the Promoters on receipt or creation and will not be returned. By submitting your promotion entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
39. The Promoters' decisions are final in all matters relating to this promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
40. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.